...see our news page for UPDATES...
BBQ season is here and as lockdown eases, people will be meeting for food and drink. When having a BBQ, be mindful of your four legged friends, as certain things can be dangerous for them.
Be Food and Drink Savvy
- Corn on the cob and even bones can cause obstructions. Don’t leave cooked bones lying around, these can be deadly to a dog if eaten, especially chicken!
- High-fat foods can cause inflammation of the pancreas, which can be serious. Ask your guests not to feed their leftovers to your pets.
- Alcohol is dangerously toxic to pets and should be kept out of reach.
Be Rubbish Savvy
- Aluminium foil, kebab skewers, firelighters and even plastic wrapping can be dangerous - put them in the bin once used.
Be Environment Savvy
- Keep your pets at a safe distance from a hot barbecue and avoid nasty burns.
- If your dog is outside with you and your guests all day, ensure there is a bowl of fresh water available. They may not want to go inside to drink if they are receiving extra attention.