Is your dog a life saver? Canine blood donors wanted for emergency situations!
Sometimes we have patients that require a blood transfusion as part of their treatment. If you would like to register your interest to become a canine blood donor, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Blood Donor”. Our clinical team will then be in touch to confirm your details.
You would only be contacted in an emergency situation, on the day or the day before the blood is needed. We would not collect and then store the blood.
The canine donors should meet the following criteria:
- Weigh 25kg or more
- Be up to date with vaccinations
- Be between the age of 1 – 8 years
- Have a good temperament
- Be in good general health
- Not be on any long term or current medication
- Never have travelled abroad