Pet Travel Within the EU

22nd Dec 2020

The UK has left the EU, and the transition period after Brexit comes to an end this year.

What does this mean?

  • All pet owners from the UK will need an AHC for pet travel after January 1st 2021.
  • To get an AHC pet owners must take proof of their pet’s microchipping date, pet’s rabies vaccination history.
  • Pets will be need to be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before travel.
  • An AHC is valid for 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU. The certificate is valid for a single trip to the EU.
  • It is valid for onward travel within the EU for 4 months after the date of issue.
  • The AHC is valid for re-entry to GB for 4 months after the date of issue.

If you have any questions about the upcoming changes to travel within the EU, contact us on 01858 462839.

More info can be found on...

...see our news page for All News UPDATES or The Green Team page for Sustainability UPDATES...