As a result of the 2020 lockdown, and the surges this caused in delayed vaccinations, we have had to bring some vaccinations forward.
In order to ensure that we have capacity to vaccinate all the pets we look after, we may ask you to book your pet’s booster slightly earlier to fit in with the vaccination clinics we are running.
If you are at all unsure of when your pet’s booster is due, please call in on 01858 462839 and we’ll get you booked in appropriately.
How has COVID-19 changed veterinary appointments?
Your appointment may be quite different if you haven’t visited us since the start of the COVID19 pandemic and the resultant government guidance around social distancing recommendations etc.
From June 2021 we will start allowing clients back into the buildings. Please be patient with our entire team as we navigate the smoothest, most efficient way for this to happen. Each branch will have to work slightly differently due to the size and layout of each premises. Please follow all the instructions given to you prior to, and during, your visit. This will ensure any procedures are done as safely as possible for you and our teams.
- If you are attending an appointment, please still call from outside the practice.
- Please wear a face covering when you come to the practice.
- Do not come to the practice if you have Covid19 symptoms or are self-isolating/quarantined, please call instead, so we can still help you and your pet.
- We will allow 1 owner per pet (with the exception of end of life appointments).
- We will still encourage payments via BACs and phone, in order to allow more clients into the waiting area with their pet.
- Due to social distancing still being in place, you will be asked to bring your pet into the building where you will then discuss your appointment face to face with the vet. Your pet will then be examined and treated, whilst you take a seat in the waiting area.
- Remember to bring along your vaccination booklet and let us know if you've noticed any changes since your last visit.